RICO COOKERY QUEEN CONTEST 2007
This was my first official cookery contest. My teachers from college pulled me into this, I had no intention of taking part. Well, things happen for a reason. I was the first person to register formally. I had to prepare three main dishes, one with chicken, one with panner, and the last one with condensed milk. I won "Rico Cookery Queen 2007".
Try out these recipes and post your comments in my guest book or mail me.
Chicken – 300g
Shallot (crushed) – 150g
Garlic (crushed) – 3 flakes
Ginger (crushed) – a small piece
Cardamom– 3 no.
Cinnamon – 1” piece
Cloves – 3 to 4 no.
Peppercorns – 4 to 5 no.
Pepper powder – 1tsp
Curry leaves – 1/3 cup
Oil – 1/3 cup
Coconut milk – 1/3 cup
Corn flour – 1tsp
1. Heat oil and add the spices. When they turn slightly brown add the crushed ingredients. Sauté until tender.
2. Add pepper powder, salt, curry leaves and then add the chicken. Cook for 20 minutes on low fire.
3. When the chicken is done add the coconut milk mixed with corn flour. Stir for 5 minutes without disturbing the chicken.
4. Serve hot.
Paneer – 100g
Cheese spread – 50g
Breadcrumbs – 25g
1. Boil the potatoes. Remove skin and mash well.
2. Grate the paneer and mix with mashed potato. Also, add salt and pepper. Make into dough.
3. Roll up the potato-paneer dough into a small ball. Poke a little hole in the middle to put a spoon full of the cheese spread in. Close the opening to keep the cheese from seeping out. Flatten it to make a square.
4. Then coat it in breadcrumbs.
5. Shallow fry until golden brown.
6. Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Ripe banana – 200g
Condensed milk – 200g
Oatmeal – 50g
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Nuts and rasins (fried) – 25g
Salt – a pinch
Cherries – a few
1. Peel and cut the bananas. Steam it until tender. Mash well into a smooth paste.
2. Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan, add the mashed banana and keep sautéing, until it starts leaving the sides.
3. Add the condensed milk and mix well. Remove from fire.
4. Mix with the rasins and nuts. Transfer this mixture into a bowl.
5. In the remaining ghee, fry the oatmeal until crisp. Top the banana mixture with the fried oatmeal.
6. Garnish with cherries.